Your purchase of this scooter or hoverboard includes a 12 month warranty against original defects in material and workmanship from the date you physically receive the scooter. This covers the cost of labour and parts required to maintain your scooter in proper working order for the 12 month warranty period. Please retain your proof of purchase for reference when making enquiries on this warranty.The warranty period remains as 12 months from the original delivery date.Consumable items are not included as part of your warranty. These are outlined below for your clarification.
The warranty covers use during light rain and riding through puddles on the ground, but not soaking in water or exposure to strong rain for prolonged periods of time. Use in these conditions will invalidate the warranty.
Warranty period for wear and tear parts
• Battery: Under normal conditions of use, battery failure, failure to charge, failure to discharge, low range (after a full charge, the standard weight 70kg test range is less than 50% of the range at the time of purchase), tested capacity is less than 60% of the rated capacity The warranty will be valid for 6 months for quality problems such as 60% of the rated capacity.
• Motor: 6 months warranty for motor failure under normal use conditions.
• Controller: 6 months warranty for failure of the controller under normal conditions of use.
• Instrument: 6 months warranty for instrument failure under normal conditions of use. The warranty does not cover breakage of the instrument / instrument cover caused by external force or impact.
• Tyres: 3 months for cracking and deformation caused by non-pneumatic tyres under normal conditions of use. 3 months. Pneumatic tyres are not covered by the warranty.
• Brakes/brake grips/brake cables: 3 months warranty under normal conditions of use.
• Accelerator / finger paddles: 6 months warranty under normal use
• Horn/speaker: 6 months warranty under normal use conditions
• Electronic lock: 6 months warranty under normal conditions of use
When you will not be able to use your warranty
The requested work is to repair consumable items which are not covered by the warranty.
The part which is submitted for repair or maintenance demonstrates signs of misuse or handling that is contrary to the instructions set out in this manual, including but not limited to inappropriate use or incorrect maintenance and storage or signs of crash damage may invalidate a warranty claim.
The submitted repair work is needed due to the scooter having been involved in an accident or reckless / intentional damage.
The requested work is to repair normal wear and tear, surface or cosmetic damage.
You cannot use your warranty without original proof of purchase that validates the scooter’s warranty duration by way of serial number and date on that proof of purchase.The opening, disassembly or modification of the scooter with non-licensed or non-original parts or by a non-licensed person will invalidate the warranty. If your scooter needs a service, call the iScooter Helpline so we can discuss the available options. If your scooter is registered under warranty, and is covered for repair, it will be repaired at no cost.
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim please contact us at iScooter on [email protected]